Breast Health Questions
Questions for your doctor
You and your health care provider are partners in your well-being. Make sure to express concerns and ask questions, especially when it comes to breast health.
During your next routine visit, here are a few questions you may want to ask. (Provided by National Institutes of Health).
- How often should I schedule appointments with you?
- How can I tell which lumps are not normal?
- What kind of lumps do I have?
- Do I need to have a mammogram? When? How often? Or if not, why not?
- Does anything in my background indicate I should have mammograms more often than your usual recommendations?
- Where should I have my mammogram?
- Did you receive the results of my mammogram? What does the report mean?
If you haven’t yet scheduled your next annual visit, be sure to do so soon.