Greater Hartford Women's Health Associates
Dr. Vinay Ranade provides homeopathic services for all family members and is available by appointment only. Please call (860) 561-7222 to request a homeopathy consultation. Dr. Ranade will personally return your call.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine where your own vital force is stimulated to bring about a long-lasting cure. The sum of all mental, emotional, and physical symptoms are evaluated and a custom remedy is given for the most effective results. Remedies can consist of diluted and minute amounts of such natural substances as plants, roots, minerals, seeds, salts and some animal products. There are no side effects or complications associated with the use of homeopathic remedies; in addition to their ability to heal both human beings and animals strongly suggests that they are not just placebos.
Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, the founding father of Homeopathy, established this science 200 years ago in Germany. It is now practiced throughout the world. The State of Connecticut has one of the oldest Homeopathy boards in the U.S. and is also one of the five states that officially issues a medical license to practice Homeopathy.
What can be treated with Homeopathy?
Almost any ailment can be treated with Homeopathy alone or as an adjunct to traditional medicine. A significant benefit to using Homeopathic remedies is that they can be used in conjunction with traditional medications without discontinuing your traditional treatment. The following conditions can be treated using homeopathy:
- Injuries (old and new)
- Sprains (soft tissue injuries)
- Fracture healing
- Upper respiratory illness: mild asthma, colds, cough, bronchitis, croup or influenza, sore throats, ear infections
- Urinary tract and bladder infections
- Chronic infections: non-healing wounds
- Skin conditions: acne, eczema, or skin rashes
- Allergic reactions: hives and itching
- Seasonal allergies and chronic sinusitis
- Ailments from grief: broken heart, loss of a loved one, and emotional stress
- Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Menstrual problems
- Pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) or depression
- Gastric conditions: gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, food poisoning, hemorrhoids
- Migraines and chronic headaches
- Lyme disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome or malaise
- Fibromyalgia (generalized pain)
- Pain: arthritis, neck or back pain
- Carpel tunnel syndrome
- Menopausal and perimenopausal symptoms: hot flashes, and other related symptoms
- Osteoporosis and related symptoms
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and other pediatric and adult learning disorders
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) (from acute emotional shock)
How long does it take to see results?
In acute cases, one to two weeks; in chronic cases six months to one year.
Are remedies expensive?
Most remedies are between $6 and $7 a bottle and are available in most health food stores.
How often do I repeat the dose?
Sometimes, a single dose of a higher potency may be enough; multiple does may be necessary over a period of time, especially in an acute situation. Therapeutic doses may be required at various intervals to maintain optimum effects.