When to Call the Doctor
During pregnancy, you will experience many different symptoms and body changes. While many are routine, knowing which ones are not common is just as important.
If you experience any of the following warning signs, call your doctor's office immediately.
- Fever greater than 101°F lasting more than 2 hours
- Severe diarrhea lasting more than 12 Hours
- Persistent vomiting that is different than morning sickness
- Significant weight gain in one week or less
- Excessive swelling of the face, hands and/or feet
- Headaches that are more frequent and severe or sudden change in symptoms
- Blurred vision, dizziness, fainting, or difficulty with speech
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Sudden shortness of breath, increasingly worse while at rest
- Tenderness, pain and redness in calf or arm
- Decreased fetal movement
- Bleeding (with or without cramping) or leaking of watery fluid from the vagina
- Cramping or abdominal pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen and back that comes in waves
In case of serious medical emergency, always call 911.